Retention Time Management
We are introducing a new general feature into our Service.
Users will now be able to define retention times on datasets on their own, to fulfill their project specific use cases, data privacy regulations and requirements.
For now, only some specific datasets are yet included and available in the new retention management,
but we will include all other datasets (e.g processed data, query history, …) in the following weeks step by step.
The following retention times can already be set now:
- Calendar events created by using the Calendar Widget.
The project admin can define based on the booking date of an event, how long it will be kept.
- Device History entries, previously if a device was deleted (without purge of history) the history was kept forever and restored when the same device was created again.
Now the project admin can set a retention time of X days to have them purged automatically from device history X days after deletion date.
- User accounts, a admin can define if non used accounts are deleted from his subscription.
As an example: If user a does not login into the subscription for more x days, his access to the subscription is removed.
Some additional background info regarding this new feature:
- Retention Time Management is now available for all subscription and their project admins under Admin -> Retention
- Minimum retention time for all datasets will be at least 1 day and can be set to any higher number of days
- The retention logic can differ depending on the use case of the specific dataset
- If no retention time is set (∞) then data is kept indefinitely; this is the default for most datasets
- Setting a retention time does not delete the data immediately to avoid performance issues
- Technically a background job is added to a queue, which will create a retention index in background to prevent performance issues and high load scenarios
- Based on the subscription plan and the size of the dataset applying a new retention time can take up to several hours
Update: Migration state BIC to Microsoft Azure
Due to our migration from the Bosch IoT Cloud (BIC) to Microsoft Azure we have removed RabbitMQ in all our shared data pipelines, which effects Free Plan and PayAsYouGo customers without a dedicated pipeline.
The positive effect of this change is that the processing speed of those subscription has slightly improved.
Currently on on-going is the migration of data processing for all dedicated pipelines, which will be finished soon.
Update of Swagger UI to v4
The Insights Swagger UI (e.g. https://bosch-iot-insights.com/ui/pages/api/project-management/latest) was updated to version 4.
Among other new things this update overhauled the design to increase usability and added a new filter functionality
Custom Logo with Link
Users could already replace the Bosch logo of their subscription with their own logo.
Now it is also possible to put a link on the logo to navigate to a company page or custom “home” page.
Embedded iframe shows links with URL of outer frame
When using Bosch IoT Insights inside an iFrame, the dashboard hyperlinks are used to forward to its target regardless of the embedded state.
If pointing to a Bosch IoT Insights dashboard, the hyperlink caused the navigation to exit its outer frame. By introducing a new parameter, this behavior can be avoided, now.
Pass your frame server URL into the Bosch IoT Insights iFrame by using the prefixUrl parameter in the URL. Assuming https://your-frame-server.com/insights is your frame server URL on which you’d like to embed your Bosch IoT Insights Project, add the Parameter as follows:
The prefixUrl parameter will – just as all Embedding-Parameters – vanish from the URL once the page has finished loading. Though, the parameter is considered within your Bosch IoT Insights frame.
Raw Data storage of September & October 2022
Unfortunately there was a small bug while migrating Object Storage from BIC to Azure in September: usage data was not properly collected for some projects and therefore not currently shown to users.
Also the Billing is based on this usage data that is automatically collected and sent to the appropriate systems.
Therefore the collected usage data has been updated and an billing update will be sent out in December to affected users.
- Changing a thing name through the UI will be reflected (synced) in the booking events right away.
On the other hand when changing a thing name via API directly in order for the sync to happen the user needs to click on a booking event in the calendar.
- The Timeline view of the Calendar Widget has been improved to be less space-consuming and more responsive.
The Listing has been changed to use a smaller font and icon size and to break its content accordingly to its parent column size.
Furthermore, the Timeline View now displays a hint on day cells that contain the full date.
- We changed the indication of the present day in the “timeline” view.
The old indicator was removed and replaced by a light blue coloring for the present day, so that the design is aligned with the “calendar” view of the calendar widget.
Furthermore, when pressing the “today” button or when initially loading a view, the horizontal scrolling will move to the present day.
- Calendar booking mails will now look like normal meeting invites in case the user is using Microsoft Outlook as his mail application.
- External data source & action button REST calls now support compression / content encoding (gzip, deflate, brotli).
Which will reduce the amount of transfered data and speed up transmission.
In this release, we have addressed and fixed the following bugs:
- INS-4316 – Reprocessing shouldn’t execute SMS and Email Notification
- INS-4591 – Delete Function in UI works not as expected and always deletes all entries
- INS-4560 – Device Type: “Visible for role” checkbox should be saved
- INS-4569 – Rich Text Widget: Changed Data Source input references should be stored
- INS-4318 – Filter Widget – Device Multi Selection Value is incorrectly from Design and has bad UX impact
- INS-4422 – Inconsistent data types for multi selection attributes in Device History
- INS-4506 – Automatic Mandatory Device selection not working for some vehicles
- INS-4668 – Async queries show results only after click
- INS-4599 – Device Type UI bug when changing order of property with type selection