The latest release of Bosch IoT Suite comes with a new authentication option for Bosch employees.
As of now, Bosch IoT Suite supports single sign-on (SSO) for Bosch associates with their Bosch accounts, also known as Bosch AD as an identity provider system.
When opening Bosch IoT Suite, you can choose which user you want to authenticate:
- Bosch Login is the single-sign-on approach recommended for all Bosch employees. It works with the Bosch AD as an identity provider (IDP).
- Bosch ID is the login for all non-Bosch users. It works with the Bosch ID as an identity provider (IDP) and is now primarily intended for external customers. However, it is still available for Bosch employees as well.
If you have already registered a Bosch ID as a Bosch employee, you can choose which option you want to continue using, as the new one is offered in addition to the login with a Bosch ID.
Please note, that both options require valid identification with a secure underlying identity provider (IDP) and lead to two different user accounts.
In case you have already registered a Bosch ID as a Bosch employee and prefer to move all privileges to the Bosch user, i.e. use the new SSO option, please proceed as follows:
- Choose Bosch Login and sign up with a new account.
The new account setup is also necessary, but only once.
When you have created your account, an organization will be created for it automatically.
However, as a member, you can also be invited to other organizations.
NB: For legal reasons, all three check marks are required to proceed, including the confirmation that you are registering as an entrepreneur and not as a consumer.
- Use another browser or at least a new session and log in with the user (Bosch ID) who is the organization owner or manager of your former subscription.
- Invite the “new” Bosch AD user. This will result in an invitation email.
The IDP column shows which identity provider has assured the respective identity: Bosch ID or Bosch AD, which is the Bosch internal active directory.
- Accept the invitation – make sure you use the Bosch Login this time.
- When redirected to the list of subscriptions, you will still view your new account in the context of its main organization and will not yet see the subscriptions of the Bosch ID account and organization.
- In your Bosch Login account, switch the organization – select the one you were just invited to. Then you should see a list of the respective subscriptions created within that organization.
- For example, check the Devices view of a subscription to see if this new user now has read and write permission to the same list of devices as your old Bosch ID user account.
- If in doubt, check and adjust the policy of the respective digital twins.
Optionally, the organization owner or manager can exclude the old Bosch ID user account from the subscription.
In case you need support, please do not hesitate to contact us.
On this occasion, various minor bugs have also been fixed.