The latest release of Bosch IoT Suite comes with a new authentication option for Bosch employees.
Bosch IoT Suite now supports a single-sign-on (SSO) for Bosch employees with their Bosch accounts, also known as Bosch AD as the identity provider system.
If you as a Bosch employee have already registered a Bosch ID, you can choose which option you want to continue using, as the new one is offered in addition to the login with a Bosch ID.
When you open Bosch IoT Suite, you can choose which user you want to authenticate:
- Bosch Login is the single-sign-on approach recommended for all Bosch employees. It works with with the Bosch AD as the identity provider (IDP).
- Bosch ID is the login for all non-Bosch users. It works with the Bosch ID as the identity provider (IDP) and is now primarily intended for external customers.
Please, note that both options require valid identification with a secure underlying identity provider (IDP) and lead to two different user accounts.
In case you as a Bosch employee have already registered a Bosch ID and prefer to move all privileges to the Bosch user, i.e. use the new SSO option, please proceed as follows:
- Choose Bosch Login and sign up with a new account.
The new account setup is also necessary, but only once.
The dialog will require also company settings as well as the confirmation that you are an entrepreneur.
We know now that you are a Bosch associate but please do these steps, otherwise you cannot proceed.
“This offer is only addressed to commercial customers including freelancers and entrepreneurs.”
- Use another browser or at least a new session and log in with the user who is the organization owner or manager of your old subscription.
- Invite the “new” Bosch AD user. This action will result into an invitation email.
- Accept the invitation – make sure you use the Bosch Login this time.
- Check for example the Devices view of a subscription to see if this new user now has read and write permission to the same list of devices as your old Bosch ID user account.
If in doubt, check and adjust the policy of the respective digital twins.
- Optionally, the organization owner or manager can exclude the old Bosch ID user account from the subscription.
The IDP column reveals which identity provider has assured the respective identity: Bosch ID or Bosch AD, which is the Bosch internal active directory.
In case you need support, please do not hesitate to contact us.
At this occasion, various minor bugs have also been fixed.