The latest service release of Bosch IoT Things comes with various changes:
Connection authentication for public clouds – Azure and AWS
Bosch IoT Things supports integration with the ecosystems of Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). We have additionally introduced the HTTP push signature authentication using HMAC-SHA256. Further, we support connection authentication with Azure SASL for HTTP and AMQP connections.
Examples: The following examples demonstrate integration with Azure Monitor, Azure IoT Hub, Azure Service Bus, AWS SNS and AWS S3.
- Azure Monitor (HTTP): Publish twin events to Azure Monitor as custom log.
- Azure IoT Hub (HTTP): Invoke direct methods on Azure IoT Hub devices by sending live messages.
- Azure IoT Hub (AMQP 1.0): Send cloud-to-device messages to Azure IoT Hub devices.
- Azure Service Bus (HTTP): Publish live messages onto an Azure Service Bus queue.
- AWS SNS (HTTP): Publish twin events onto an AWS SNS topic.
- AWS S3 (HTTP): Publish each twin event as an object in an AWS S3 bucket.
Use organization roles for managing solution resources
To manage the Things solution by API (e.g. create connections, namespaces, etc.) you can now also authenticate with an SuiteAuth token comprising the organization roles.
New subscriptions will automatically add the subjects iot-suite:/organization.<org-guid>.Owner , iot-suite:/organization.<org-guid>.Developer and iot-suite:/organization.<org-guid>.Manager into the solution policy.
For old subscriptions you will need to edit the solution policy manually. Find an example at Bosch IoT Suite for Device Management > Policy examples.
Use SuiteAuth OpenID Connect logout
Bosch IoT Suite portal provides authorization functionality like creating OAuth2 clients. As SuiteAuth supports logout according to the OpenID Connect standard, with the latest service update Bosch IoT Things uses the SuiteAuth logout functionality for the Things UI.
- Improved rollback mechanism in Device Provisioning API
- Improved error handling for already existing devices and twins on device provisioning
- Relaxed JWT timestamp check to accept short system time differences
- Prepared for consuming from Apache Kafka.
The connection between Bosch IoT Hub and Bosch IoT Things is subject to change by Aug – Oct 2021.
We will announce the change and potential migration steps separately.
At this occasion, various minor bugs have also been fixed.